Can anybody help me with a "Beano" tone, please?

Dixiethedog

Experienced
I have been trying for a while to achieve a Clapton Bluesbreakers Beano type of tone. I have tried the obvious amp block, the JM45 but I just can't nail the tone.
It is frustrating as I can watch YT videos where people get the sound with cheap Epi LP's and budget beginner Marshall amps.
Here is a link to a cool-ish video where the guitarist seems to get close (enough for me) to the tone I want to find. By the way, my Les Paul has custom made PAF pickups which I am certain should help.
Any advice is gratefully accepted and appreciated!

When I think about all of my fave guitar tones, generally bands from the 70's most guitarists simply plugged into fairly basic setups. Guitar, maybe a distortion or boost pedal, and then into an amp. You would think achieving your desired tones would be easy with the hundreds of amp's, cabs, and effects that we are lucky enough to have at our feet. I am now tempted to buy myself a crappy Marshall 15-watt amp and have a bit of a mess around with that. I know by the way that the Beano tone was the 1960s, but my heart lies in the 1970s when it comes to sounds that got me into guitar playing.

Back
Top Bottom