Can’t turn off a bypass [solved]

Bertotti

Inspired
I’m stuck. I was playing around with the preset below but I never figured out how to get rid of the bypass on the filter. Everything else turns on and off fine but the bypass on the filter won’t switch to on. I can clicking it it flashes and remains in bypass. Any advice welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
I’m a week into this beast. I have a lot to learn. I will find that in a manual and see if I can check, thanks!

If you look closely, you will see the Frequency parameter has a solid yellow "dot".

This means that there is a modifier assigned to that control. Most likely, that modifier has Auto Engage enabled. That means that the ON/OFF state is triggered by the modifier and that prevents manual control of the block bypass.

You'll see several other controls with "hollow" dots (Q, Gain, Level, etc). Those controls have the ability to assign modifiers, but none are currently assigned.

If you want to manually control the block, you'll need to remove the modifier or turn off the Auto Engage... But then it may not sound as intended.

If you right-click the control, it will bring up the modifier settings for that parameter.

Ha yea my Mac book pro. It’s 2016 but current OS. I was trying to use two to grab the knobs but that wasn’t working. I had to click and drag on the track pad.

Modifiers must be covered in the blocks manual. I haven’t started reading about blocks yet just fumbling my way around.

See section 9 of the Axe Fx III manual... Entirely about modifiers.
I only just started the block quick start! Page ten maybe! I have reread the first pages multiple times. Wrapping my head around presets scenes and channels. Hahahaha I couldn’t help but mess around before I read about everything!

So I am looking at it and notice it has no source and external 1 selected. Correct me if I’m wrong but would external 1 be referring to an external pedal? Which I have not tried yet. Nope I clicked it and see other FC choices. But another thing is I can turn bypass on and off now. I haven’t changed anything that aI know of. My mystery continues.
IMG_2130.jpeg

It is typically a pedal, but External 1 (or any "External) can also be a MIDI CC#.
Via the front panel, Open SETUP > MIDI/Remote > External to change the assignment.

It is typically a pedal, but External 1 (or any "External) can also be a MIDI CC#.
Via the front panel, Open SETUP > MIDI/Remote > External to change the assignment.
Cross post. I edited my post by pass is working now but I have not knowingly changed anything. My mystery continues but sadly being so new I can’t rule out operator error. Now if I can figure out if it was my fault then I can avoid it in the future.

Heck, I’m shutting off for awhile. I am on 0132Ambience@21 any time I click B in the volpan it goes silent. I see the slid dot but external is set to none. I am at a loss if I switch around between channels to many times the entire preset goes silent and I have to step up one preset then back down to this one to get it working again but channel2 companies always like this. I have no idea what the external set to none is doing but if I control click and change the modifier to none it works fine. How do I know what was controlling it if on external it was set to none?

The none here was set to external also I switched it to none when I saw none on the Fx3 display under external.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpeg
    IMG_2136.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2135.jpeg
    IMG_2135.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
It looks like the "Volume" knob in the volume block is set to zero. Maybe remove the modifier from that control and increase the volume knob.

Is that a factory preset? I'm guessing it expects an expression pedal connected to one of the expression jacks and that jack assigned to External 1. I'm just guessing though.

Back
Top Bottom