Cable routing to an interface question

Presonus Studio1810C
I have Presonus Studio 1810 (earlier version, same connections (my USB to computer is earlier version than yours is newer).

I have connected my Axe III from blanced Output 1 to Presonus Studio Mic/Line 1 and 2 with XLR cables and Presonus to computer via USB and
no latency issues. I also have connected this moment my power amp using Output 1 humbuster connection to power amp channnel A and B using TRS - TRS cables.

Reason why I use this way is:

- Presonus Studio 1810 is my audio interface to computer and Axe III takes care of my guitars sounds and processes
and this way both devices only need to take care of their own processes and what they doing best (this is just my opinion).
- And when Axe III is connected to Presonus Studio 1810 mic/line 1 and 2 it´s easy quick adjust volume there also manually
and still there is place to 2 separate mics to mic/line 3 and 4 (of course Axe can connected to Presonus 1810 backside too 5 and 6 or 7 and 8 line in.
- Also my monitors I like to be connected to my Presonus Studio be cause several reasons (like listen music, looking videos etc.).

But what ever way you are using your Presonus Studio 1810c and Axe, if yourself you are satisfied then you have done things correct :D

But what ever way you are using your Presonus Studio 1810c and Axe, if yourself you are satisfied then you have done things correct :D

Great info thanks for sharing - from what I heard just looks different - the new usb c is no faster than the older usb :) so your not missing anything

Hi Guys

Got Presonus hooked up tonight AXE sounds glorious on it :) even better than before - got goose bumps you know those if you own a Fractal of course :)

Had to use S/PDIF - 1/4" didnt sound good for some reason - also as WKsmith mentioned only using one S/PDIF cable works great

I didnt record yet just jamming to Youtube videos

I highly suggest Boom3d payware software to enhance your windows sound its pretty amazing for your streaming Youtube sound side of things - doesnt mess with your AXE sounds - only windows sound

Thanks to All - even happier camper here now - doesn't make sense but separate interface brought my experience to another level

I have a similar setup question, but using a different interface. I just thought I'd jump on this thread, since the OP seems to have had his questions answered, and I could benefit from your collective wisdom.

I just got an Audient iD24 b/c my MOTU 828 MKII won't work with my Mac Studio. I'd prefer to use the Audient as my interface instead of my Axe Fx, so I'll connect the Audienbt directly to my Mac Studio, and then connect the Axe FX III to the Audient. I can, of course, use one of the two TRS inputs on the Audient. But if I wanted to connect digitally, I think I'm out of luck, right? The Axe FX III has S/PDIF outputs, but the Audient has optical ins/outs. The optical ins/outs can carry a S/PDIF signal, but there isn't a cable that could connect the two units using an optical connector on the Audient end and an RCA S/PDIF on the Axe Fx end, is there?? I could use the AES digital output(s) from the Axe FX and connect via TRS to the Audient, too, though, right?

I may, at some point, expand the Audient's I/O by getting an Audient ASP 800, but, in the meantime, I'm trying to get the most out of what I've got. I do have some amps I would like to mic, so I need at least one mic input available from the Audient. I was thinking about trying to use both mic inputs, in case I wanted to put two mics on an amp/cab--hence my interest in finding another way to connect the Axe Fx III.

Related question: I'm wondering if my MOTU 828 MKII is totally obsolete or not. Can I connect it to my Audient via optical, and use its inputs/outputs as expansion channels? If so, which channels would be available to me? Would S/PDIF be available, so I could connect it to the Axe FX, and then the Audient would see it via the MOTU? This is where things start to go way over my head.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone. I have recently upgraded my studio with the 1810c and a new Mac. (using Studio 1) All is good but I am having an issue with sound quality between my AXE FX II and my 1810c. Is it possible to get the same (or close) to the sound quality coming direct from my Axe II headphone output through my 1810 headphone output? I have used the above mentioned Axe from balanced Output 1 to Presonus Studio Mic/Line 1 and 2 with XLR cables and Presonus to computer via USB. The sound is good but not lush like I get straight out of the Axe with headphones. I have also tried using the headphone out with TRS male out to TS / TR split into Mic/Line 1 and 2.... same result. It's driving me nuts that I can't get that lush Axe FX sound through my interface. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Thanks!

Maybe check your monitoring settings in the 1810c. Might be something there messing with the sound. Make sure you hard pan the two input channels opposite each other in the 1810c as well to maintain the stereo image. If you leave both input channels panned to center, you're collapsing to mono in the monitors, which can cause phase issues.

Great post experiencing the same issue but using one SPIDIF cable wonder if I should be using two - I dont think that matters from what I've read

Hey mr_fender! THANK YOU!!! I checked the monitoring settings through universal control and they were panned straight up. Panned them L & R and BAM! Lush beautiful guitar through the 1810! I had no clue how beneficial UC was and how it operates behind the scenes. I looked at a couple of You Tube videos regarding some of the many things you can do with UC - amazing and helpful! Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom