Cab-Lab No Longer Successfully Connects, SW Live Mode

Guitarzan69

Inspired
It took me a bit to get Cab_Lab 4 and the FX3 to connect to each other, mostly user fault. One week ago I finally had success and did one IR per 5153S cabs mic offerings, (2 cabs 12 mics per=24 IR's) When nearing completion, had 3 ribbon mics for the 4x12 to go and no longer can successfully get audio from the setup.

I use output 3 on the FX3 that is connected to my studio monitors so I can have a separate headphone volume out 1, and studio monitor volume out 2. I have set the Audio/Midi Settings as such and have had things work prior to not connecting and passing audio. Thought maybe that output 1 would still work as intended, not so.

I noticed after finally getting correct audio through these exact settings that I would need to reboot the FX3 when I lost audio, and that worked. As time went by I needed to reboot the FX3 more oftenly, and was not having so much luck anyomre until I can't get any audio from the same settings, and connections as I had been able to do before.

I also noted that when using the setup wizard gear, when I pressed the green, "DO IT" button that I would hear the cab on the FX3 as well as the Cab-Lab Cab and when I would select "OFF" in the Audition window and re-select "SW Live Mode" I would finally hear the correct cabinet that I selected in slot 1, 2, 3 etc.

I have tried 3 USB cables, different instrument cables, as well as guitars and the best I get is a real faint noise from SW LIve Mode, while I can hear full volume from off or HW Manual. In HW Manual when I can hear audio and I select the green"DO IT" button, I lose audio the same as in SW Live mode.

Thanks for any and all help in advance, nothing pressing, just want to complete the project and move on to the next with Cab-Lab 4. However, I'm dead in the water.

EDIT; Additional Info
I get a good TEST tone from the whole process, set to the attached photo, up until I hit the green, "DO IT" button, then no audio except for a real faint signal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 4.27.03 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 4.27.03 PM.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 9
Macbook Air M2 2022 16gb
Sonoma 14.5
AXE FX 3 V26
Axe Edit 1.13.21
Cab-Lab 1.00.04

Had success last night making a connection with the correct settings happening. I unplugged everything, including power and reconnected. Last steps were to Connect to Axe-FX3 using the CONNECT TAB on Cab-Lab 4, where there was a successful test tone but no guitar connection. Verified by touching the tip of a hot guitar cable and no noise was heard. Restart AXE FX3 and there it was.

Same process that I've done dozens of times with no luck, then it works again. Thinking my hub is not helping, but going direct to laptop from FX3 USB C gave the same results, no sound from guitar but a good test tone?

Guess I just keep at it for now, will update with any new findings

Back
Top Bottom