Cab Lab audio settings problems...please help!

newmandaze

Hey hows it going? So i got my dynacab pack on my main channel loaded finally in cab lab... When i run the audio test i can use the output tester and hear the test tone. i also have the cab bypassed to be able to try and hear my guitar...I also have it in SW Live Mode and mute is off... ultra res and no trim... So my question is, how do i actually be able to finally hear the guitar? I have my audio device type on windows audio, and output 1&2 for the "speakers realtekRAudio"... sample rate 48000Hz and buffer size 480 samples (10 ms)... as i had mentioned i can hear the test beep but no guitar? Do i need to load a regular ir in single ir mode maybe?... Im new to this so please keep that in mind... just got my FM3 2 days ago... Thanks alot for taking some time out to type back! Much appreciated... -Jeff

Last edited:
was just wandering why outta 41 views of the thread i got zero responses? Did i put something wrong for the Cab Lab? let me know please if i did? Thanks, -Jeff

Likely because this kind of problem has a lot of variables. Honestly, if I haven't used CabLab in a while, it might take me a few tries to notice the things I forgot to set so I can hear my guitar. One thing I think is needed is to have a preset set up with IN, AMP, CAB, and OUT blocks. CabLab will make use of the CAB block and put in there what it wants. Do you have that set up on the current preset?

Likely because this kind of problem has a lot of variables. Honestly, if I haven't used CabLab in a while, it might take me a few tries to notice the things I forgot to set so I can hear my guitar. One thing I think is needed is to have a preset set up with IN, AMP, CAB, and OUT blocks. CabLab will make use of the CAB block and put in there what it wants. Do you have that set up on the current preset?
yes sir, i got the in and the out and an amp and a cab in my blocks and it automatically bypasses the cab block once i hit that one button... thanks for responding!

yes sir, i got the in and the out and an amp and a cab in my blocks and it automatically bypasses the cab block once i hit that one button... thanks for responding!
Which one button? Is it necessary to have such a simple preset for CabLab to work right? I haven't had much luck with it either. I have to manually bypass the cab block, but when I bypass CabLab, it sounds like there is a cab engaged but at a much lower volume. Trying to get the levels with CabLab & without it equal so you can compare your mix to an existing cab has been futile.

was just wandering why outta 41 views of the thread i got zero responses? Did i put something wrong for the Cab Lab? let me know please if i did? Thanks, -Jeff
Just a note that posting and then not getting a response within a couple hours is not unusual, regardless of how many people read it.

Just be patient...

Reactions: Rex
Which one button? Is it necessary to have such a simple preset for CabLab to work right? I haven't had much luck with it either. I have to manually bypass the cab block, but when I bypass CabLab, it sounds like there is a cab engaged but at a much lower volume. Trying to get the levels with CabLab & without it equal so you can compare your mix to an existing cab has been futile.
Using S/W Live mode? There's a master Level control in the upper right of Cab-Lab.

It depends on the mode used.

S/W Live mode specifically does NOT use the Cab block, and in fact the setup wizard disables the Cab block (so make sure Bypass Mode of Cab block is Thru).

Using H/W mode requires a Cab block set to use a scratchpad slot so when you "send" the mix it will be active.

Using S/W Live mode? There's a master Level control in the upper right of Cab-Lab.
Yes, S/W live mode & I do have the Cab block bypassed. I can set the level when I am in Cablab with that level control. The problem seems if I bypass Cablab, I get a weird, lower volume sound that still sounds like there is a IR loaded, definitely not the sound of a preset with the cab block bypassed. Of course mute turns everything off so I have no sound at all. The only way I can compare my original IR to the Cablab mix is to quit cab lab, engage my cab block. Then to go back, I have to bypass the cab block, start up Cablab again, reload the session that I hopefully saved before I quit Cablab & make more adjustments. This can't be the way to do this as it is absurdly cumbersome.

Yes, S/W live mode & I do have the Cab block bypassed. I can set the level when I am in Cablab with that level control. The problem seems if I bypass Cablab, I get a weird, lower volume sound that still sounds like there is a IR loaded, definitely not the sound of a preset with the cab block bypassed. Of course mute turns everything off so I have no sound at all. The only way I can compare my original IR to the Cablab mix is to quit cab lab, engage my cab block. Then to go back, I have to bypass the cab block, start up Cablab again, reload the session that I hopefully saved before I quit Cablab & make more adjustments. This can't be the way to do this as it is absurdly cumbersome.
I don't have that problem. Which version of Cab-Lab do you have?

I think @Admin M@ posted some videos on setup and use.

Back
Top Bottom