Cab irs. Need help.

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
Ok, afx3 arrived 2 days ago.

Compared to my afx2 I'm really impressed with the change. However my use has also changed.

Not played much in 2 years as I went down piano/synth route. Before then I was amp/cab and only frfr when recording (rarely) or late might noodling.

With the latest, frfr is more important.

BUT I'm a little lost lol. Factory sounds are generally decent, and translate to my amp cab well. When i design myself though...... I get a great sound amp/cab but adding the cab block never sounds right.

Obviously I've never really done much with its, and one key point...when indid I never selected a mic .. just chose the non version

On afx most have mics baked in, and there are soon many .....AND a lot if factory sets mix. I'm rather lost.

So... need some starting point options. Favorite cab its, or combos. Fwiw my goto on afx2cwas the citrus and my real cab is a zilla with 1 x v30 and 1 x creamback

I know I could do my own ir, and will soon.

Sound wise, tend to go deluxe reverb, ac20, ODS, Cameron 1b pushed, capt hook, Herbert 2+, custom audio, badger and maz.

With the exception of the 2+ which I'm really liking they are the same amps I favored in the afx2.

So hit me....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom