Cab battle

Rampant

Looking mainly at passive speaker solutions, but conceivably open to powered ones.

Was mainly looking at the verve 12m or the atomic passive wedge. Those who have experience.... thoughts?

I really like my Verve 12M's, I don't have any experience with the Reactor Passive but if it sounds as good as it's powered brother then it should be pretty musical.

I am turned off by the mixed reviews of the Atomics (both passive and active, most active that I've seen). I have never seen a bad review of the Verve. If that's within your price range I'd say it's worth it.

The downside for some people on here is that it doesn't look like a guitar cab. I'm unconvinced that you can make a great FR system in rectangular prisms. But I haven't had any time actually playing the Atomics, RMC, and whatever else is out there....

Not sure how much help this will be but.....

I've tried the powered versions of both cabs you're asking about.
They were both excellent.

I chose the Verve 12ma mainly due to the (at the time) lack of availability of the Atomics and the SS Power of the Verve.

I'm VERY happy with my Verve 12ma.

I also tried both and chose the Atomics. As I have said in many reviews, they have more of a guitar amp vibe. I might call it punch. They better recreated the "lively" sound I was accustomed to hearing from my Adam studio monitors.

Back
Top Bottom