[bug?] FC-12 buttons 10, 11 and 12 became unresponsive during set

Tumatauenga

Inspired
Unfortunately this is one of those bugs without any steps to reproduce as yet, but I thought I should throw it up here in the hopes of gathering some information for the Fractal team to be able to fix it in a future firmware at some point.

I was playing an acoustic gig last night running FC Firmware 1.04 and Axe-Fx Firmware 4.03, and about 40mins into the first set buttons 10 through 12 became unresponsive. I was running a Per-Preset layout, and those buttons had Rotary 1, PanTrem 1 and the Tuner respectively assigned to the tap functions. Nothing was assigned to any Hold function. When the issue occurred, the LED rings around 10,11 and 12 continued to glow as if they were unselected, but were unresponsive to the Tap, and buttons 1-9 continued to work without any issues. It came to my attention when I tried to engage the Tuner and it wouldn't work, I had to use the front panel of the Axe-Fx instead.

I resolved the issue between sets by power cycling the Axe-Fx, and after that it didn't happen again.

Unfortunately this is one of those bugs without any steps to reproduce as yet, but I thought I should throw it up here in the hopes of gathering some information for the Fractal team to be able to fix it in a future firmware at some point.

I was playing an acoustic gig last night running FC Firmware 1.04 and Axe-Fx Firmware 4.03, and about 40mins into the first set buttons 10 through 12 became unresponsive. I was running a Per-Preset layout, and those buttons had Rotary 1, PanTrem 1 and the Tuner respectively assigned to the tap functions. Nothing was assigned to any Hold function. When the issue occurred, the LED rings around 10,11 and 12 continued to glow as if they were unselected, but were unresponsive to the Tap, and buttons 1-9 continued to work without any issues. It came to my attention when I tried to engage the Tuner and it wouldn't work, I had to use the front panel of the Axe-Fx instead.

I resolved the issue between sets by power cycling the Axe-Fx, and after that it didn't happen again.
can you please use Fractal Bot and its Receive tab to backup just the System, Global, FC option? it's just one checkmark, don't need the entire thing.

then upload the resulting file here. thanks.

Please find the requested file attached. In the interests of a complete picture I also attached the patch (Acoustic.syx), as well as the IR that it uses in the IR Player block.

I probably should have tried switching patches back and forth to see if that cleared the issue before rebooting, but I don't believe I did.

Attachments

• 190310-213700-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Acoustic.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Taylor 816e- Rode NT-2A.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 7
Please find the requested file attached. In the interests of a complete picture I also attached the patch (Acoustic.syx), as well as the IR that it uses in the IR Player block.

I probably should have tried switching patches back and forth to see if that cleared the issue before rebooting, but I don't believe I did.
it will take some time to test this, but thanks for the files. let us know if it happens again, and we'll let you know if we find anything.

I loaded Beta 2 before practice tonight, and it sounded great. I did have an odd experience though that hasn't happened at previous practices. About 5 songs in, I noticed that the switch on my FC-6 that's assigned to my lead scene (bottom row, far right) was not switching scenes any more. I was in a hurry to troubleshoot since we were rehearsing, so I quickly tried a few buttons I have on the top row that change presets for me, and those worked. I then unplugged the XLR cable from the FC-6 (which caused it to power off), plugged it back in, and everything worked again. This happened one more time about 30 minute later. I don't recall seeing anything in recent release notes related to the foot controllers, so my guess is a bad cable, or a problem with the FC-6, but I thought I'd mention it here just in case.

Quoting this here in case it’s related

Back
Top Bottom