Brutal hi-gain / creative boosting techniques (END , Knocked Loose, Code Orange etc..)

Paul Bradshaw

Inspired

Preset in my downloads , but here's the accompanying video that's laid out in 2 parts

a small preset build part to explain the concepts used, and then i go through the custom preset with those concepts applied

in essence it's creative use of parallel chains before the amp to use different EQ/Drives etc.. to add a really unique character to these tones, best part is you can easily blend in these extra chains to further tweak the effect they're having on the amp while still having a strong 'dry' path to the amp

combine this with ultra fast/sidechain style gating and you get this real punishing sort of tone,

it's obviously not to everyone's taste, but hopefully the concepts can be interesting enough to be applied for those seeking some different sorts of tones

thanks for checking it out 🙏

Interesting. I've never seen parallel before the amp block and never thought of doing it.
thanks, yeah i haven't really seen too much of that either, it's really handy for mixing more aggressive style EQs and gains without taking too much away from the guitar signal

Back
Top Bottom