Bright Cap in amp blocks?

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
Is turning off the Bright switch in the Ideal tab of the amp block the equivalent of clipping the bright cap? For example, in the 1959SLP Treble, if you were to turn off the Bright switch, is that the equivalent of clipping the bright cap?

Yes. There may be exceptions, but that should be the same as clipping the cap.
Got ya! I think it was mostly for Marshall amps. I was trying to get a fuller tone when using less gain on the 1959SLP Treble and wondered if "removing" the bright cap would be the way to go, then compensate by turning the treble and presence up more. I watched Pet Thorn talk about it on a video with his Plexi style amps, so I wondered if this was the equivalent of that with that style amp.

Got ya! I think it was mostly for Marshall amps. I was trying to get a fuller tone when using less gain on the 1959SLP Treble and wondered if "removing" the bright cap would be the way to go, then compensate by turning the treble and presence up more. I watched Pet Thorn talk about it on a video with his Plexi style amps, so I wondered if this was the equivalent of that with that style amp.
Turn it up!

Back
Top Bottom