Bought another FM3 mkII Turbo from Fractal....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Axe 3 with FC12 and 4 expression pedals is my main live rig. But for practice I needed something smaller. I had a FM3(mk I - non Turbo) before and thought I would just handle the load and lug around big rig. Sold it. But I find I just don't have the time to load the large rig, unload at rehearsal, reload after, finally unload at house. This and not to mention case latches, lids, cables to hook up and the such.

I have no issues doing this for a gig, as I like having a lot of buttons in front of me and controlling parameters and effects. But for rehearsal I need to be quick. I am married, father of 2 and own a small epoxy flake flooring company. Sometimes I am rushing around to barely make rehearsals and I cannot lug the #1 rig around. I have had an old FM3 that was not the Turbo, nor the mk II. I think the increase in CPU will be nice this go around(FM3 in transit now). Once the FM3 arrives I will, for practices, throw in padded Kobalt backpack that has 1 expression pedal, cable, and Ipad. I then grab my guitar w/softcase and my custom made Zitone 1x12 powered cab and BOLT!

Anyways excited to have ease back in this scenario. Tried the Hotone Ampero II Stage and the Quad Cortex.....neither were my stein of IPA. I did not try the Fender TMP, but that was too large(same for the FM9). I already know Line 6 is not my thing for amp modeling, as tried the Helix a while back, so did not go for the Stomp.

Axe 3 with FC12 and 4 expression pedals is my main live rig. But for practice I needed something smaller. I had a FM3(mk I - non Turbo) before and thought I would just handle the load and lug around big rig. Sold it. But I find I just don't have the time to load the large rig, unload at rehearsal, reload after, finally unload at house. This and not to mention case latches, lids, cables to hook up and the such.

I have no issues doing this for a gig, as I like having a lot of buttons in front of me and controlling parameters and effects. But for rehearsal I need to be quick. I am married, father of 2 and own a small epoxy flake flooring company. Sometimes I am rushing around to barely make rehearsals and I cannot lug the #1 rig around. I have had an old FM3 that was not the Turbo, nor the mk II. I think the increase in CPU will be nice this go around(FM3 in transit now). Once the FM3 arrives I will, for practices, throw in padded Kobalt backpack that has 1 expression pedal, cable, and Ipad. I then grab my guitar w/softcase and my custom made Zitone 1x12 powered cab and BOLT!

Anyways excited to have ease back in this scenario. Tried the Hotone Ampero II Stage and the Quad Cortex.....neither were my stein of IPA. I did not try the Fender TMP, but that was too large(same for the FM9). I already know Line 6 is not my thing for amp modeling, as tried the Helix a while back, so did not go for the Stomp.
I think you would be disappointed with Line 6 coming from an Axe 3 anyway. Even if it is just practice, the FM3 would be the only real choice for me. At least you've got consistency in the sounds that way. Avoid unnecessary complications.

I think you would be disappointed with Line 6 coming from an Axe 3 anyway. Even if it is just practice, the FM3 would be the only real choice for me. At least you've got consistency in the sounds that way. Avoid unnecessary complications.
It is fun learning new tech....I just happen to kind of take to Fractal early and they are the best, as luck has it. At 46 yrs old I do not want to learn something new if it is a waste of time. I have done enough digging to where it is a waste of time. Fractal is the best in my book by a mile and a multitude of things.

Back
Top Bottom