BOSS ME-5 The One that started it all...

I went for a Roland GP-8 back in the 80´s. With a midi controller, power amp and two cabs... nothing much has changed in my setup in 25 years... haha, same but better ;)

Thanks for sharing this! I remember my guitar teacher in 1988 showing me one of these as a teenager. He let me play a little through it and I was amazed that something like that could exist.

Used one for years before I got my Boss GX700. Very cool in the day. Wish I still had it. I do have my perfectly working Boss GX700 though.

The GX700 first brought the possibly of 'going direct' as an acceptable option for me. Got one 1996 and haven't used a 'traditional' amp or cab since! (closing in on 2 decades! :shock)

Have been through POD XT PRO, Ultra and Axe II since then, but yeah, I think the GX700 is still stuck in the loft somewhere!

The closest I got to the Axe-FX was using a Boss VF-1, an EV-5 pedal, and a Tech-21 Midi Mouse pedal, I was impressed with having 128 different decent sounds, run through a fender amp.....

Boss ME-33 ---> Vox ToneLab SE ---> POD X3 Pro ---> Axe FX II....keept the ToneLab as a backup, sounded the best out of the pre Fractal modelers!

Back
Top Bottom