Boss GT-10 as MFC

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Hi-
Well, I already have this for a few months-Just got the ultra friday (had the standard and upgraded) Anyone try one of these? Looks very much like the $399. Roland FC-300 controller. i am going to begin fooling with it and see how it works. Just was hoping maybe for someone elses experience with this combo?
Thanks
Yes I searched- to no avail.

"Midi in" light on Axe FX Ultra blinks continually when the gt10 is connected to midi in as a controller. Is this normal?
Searched was no help. I have a ART X-12 MFC-old but works great. When that's hooked to the axe, the light does not blink unless I press a button (preset switch) So maybe the expression pedal on the GT10 was causing the light to blink? The ART has a connection for an expression pedal, so I think maybe I'll buy one and use that with the ART for a while. Thanks

Stratman68 said:
"Midi in" light on Axe FX Ultra blinks continually when the gt10 is connected to midi in as a controller. Is this normal?
Probably Active Sensing -- one of my MIDI interfaces does the same thing. Usually there's a way to turn Active Sensing off, but it won't harm anything.

I've used mine - it works pretty well, and can actually access all the Axe-FX banks, unlike most of the other controllers out there. Doubles as a (very inferior) backup.

Thanks-You are actually one of the people that got me here (axe fx ultra) from the GT-10 boards. Do you know if Can you do the stompbox mode with the GT 10?
Thanks again for steering me here-

Stratman68 said:
Thanks-You are actually one of the people that got me here (axe fx ultra) from the GT-10 boards. Do you know if Can you do the stompbox mode with the GT 10?
Thanks again for steering me here-

Cool :) Hope you're enjoying it!

I haven't tried using the GT-10 in stompbox mode but I think you should be able to do it by switching it to Manual mode. I'll try to do it when I get home and see if it works.

Yes-I am enjoying it-I am very much a rack gear person-only playing in my studio now-recording my own stuff. I bought the FCB1010, but really didn't like it. I am sending it back to amazon monday april 20th. I have been tryiung to sell the GT10-mine is mint and never been out of my house. But everyone that answers my ads wants i9t for nothing. So I am thinking of keeping it. As a backup yes, inferior but...So myabe I'll give it a shot as my controller.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom