Boss fv-500 and the MFC

AAEN

Experienced
Hi everybody

I have seen in the pictures of various boards that the Boss Fv-500 is used by a lot you guys.

I am also using it.

I find it a little difficult to use. a lot of the change is within the last little bit of movement. while there is nearly no change in volume in the last third of the movement(When I am turning it down)

I did calibrate it.

My question is:

How do you configure taper in the volumeblock?

AAEN

Look up "VOLUME TAPER" in the manual section for the volume block.

the MFC-101 is connected to the expression jack not the volume jacks on the pedal right? With a TRS/stereo cable not a mono instrument cable.

Darryl

It is connected in the Expression jack. And it is working.

I just want to learn what setting you are using.

AAEN

Also check for dead spots.

I have a FV-500 that has large dead spots both at the toe and the heel of the pedal, no matter how it is calibrated. From memory I think mine are +/- 10mm at at each end. Very significant! I made the pedal useable by measuring the exact size of the inactive areas and installing thicker rubber stoppers to match. Recalibrated, it works as it should. It was bugging the hell out of me until I did that!

FWIW, I now use a spring loaded Mission EP-1, and a (much smaller and lighter) Roland EV-5 with my MFC. I kept the Boss FV-500, but I only use it as a regular volume pedal if I have to use a traditional rig.

Update
The issue with the FV-500 and calibration is now gone.

somehow it was calibrated to 24-127. when I re calibated them it was 0-115. Strange!

Probably my mistake. :)

Anyway its working ok now

The playing is FUN FUN FUN

AAEN

Back
Top Bottom