Bose S1 Pro EQ Tips with FM3?

Boy_Narf

Hello Everyone,

Loving my FM3, even more so after the dynacab update. I just got my first 8 string and don't want to punish my 110 and 112 guitar cabs so I figured I would run the FM3 into my Bose S1 Pro (not plus).

Gave it a quick test today and it's okay. Does anyone have any EQ tips to get the S1 sounding it's best with the FM3?

I saw the other thread saying to set the treble and bass to 0, which I will be testing tomorrow after work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I love mine. As always, take out anything under 80-125 and above 6500-7500. Whenever I go darker than I think, it's much better live.

Thanks! What about the on board EQ? Just flat with tone match off?
Salt to taste. The room has so much to do with it. I like to keep the S1 flat and use the onboard EQ for gross adjustments. I do use the 'instrument / mic' switch a fair amount. Bottom line is that it depends. I find the S1 to be easy to dial in. Start flat, do your FM3 thing, then gross adjust the S1 as needed.

Think of the S1's EQ as useful for too much bass for the room / too much high end bouncing back at you. That's how I use it and I love it.

Salt to taste. The room has so much to do with it. I like to keep the S1 flat and use the onboard EQ for gross adjustments. I do use the 'instrument / mic' switch a fair amount. Bottom line is that it depends. I find the S1 to be easy to dial in. Start flat, do your FM3 thing, then gross adjust the S1 as needed.

Think of the S1's EQ as useful for too much bass for the room / too much high end bouncing back at you. That's how I use it and I love it.
Thank you soo much! Greatly appreciated.

Tip: Get a coaxial 12” monitor as S1 has no hi end or low end which can’t be added with eq.

Back
Top Bottom