Bonamassa licks video

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
This is an attempt at Joe's style of playing -all licks stolen and not as fast or tasty as I would like. Just started listening to JB about 3 months ago and really like this morphing of styles he has -very tasty. This is with the Axe II plexi treble amp and frfr set up with RCF monitors. LP is an 03 Standard premium plus and classic 57/57plus pups. Strong consideration of the Joe B SD pups. To my ears it is evident the bridge pup is a little harsh, I do like the neck a lot!

Cool man. Maybe a little treble and gain on the plexi, and try a little fuzz on top. A little less palm muting and artificial harmonics, and you would be a lot closer. Ive gotten great results by mixing the Carolann and the Brit super, both with little gain. I think on that LP youre using, the neck pickup will always sound closer to JBs sound.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Agreed on the pinch harmonics,..its the shredder in me that came out. Interested in your pre set. Happy to share!! Could you pm it it to me?

Thanks bro. I like the Brit silver, need to revisit it. Actually passed on a real one due to the Axe version being easier to control. The Wrecker never floated my boat, but I also have not spent much time with it. There is something so fat greasy and pleasing about the plexi treble with a Lester. The Silver and many other Marshalls sound good for certain things but with leads thin and a little shrill even with peq on a filter 5 block.

Happy to share also, Im a continent away from my computer though, so when I get back home, no problem! I got a couple Bonamassa presets Ive made, and some other presets Ive downloaded. Ive made some presets based on single, and dual amp setups.
BTW I meant a little LESS treble and gain, in case it wasnt clear. I skipped the word less.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

The Silver and many other Marshalls sound good for certain things but with leads thin and a little shrill even with peq on a filter 5 block.

I agree. I love most of the higher gain Marshalls for hard rock and 80's type metal tones but on their own they're a little thin for fat mid-heavy blues and blues-rock. For these applications I've had great success mixing the Two Stone with the Brit Silver or Brit Super. Very fat with a lot of mids to cut through the mix.

Back
Top Bottom