blue yeti usb microphone?

Indigo

i apologize if this is in the wrong section. didn't see an "other" section for gear.

my drummer and i typically jam simultaneously using his midi-kit with superior.. and my axe fx within the daw. it's fun and yields good results. however, we are throwing vocals into the mix now.. and an axe-fx is line in only and needs a pre. i figured... what's the point in buying something that's going to degrade my sound like an mbox when i could save for something nicer. So temporarily we were going to try this blue yeti usb microphone.. it is metal.. there are growls. i was wondering if anyone could chime in on if this thing works well? the reviews are rather good.

the only other option is an XLR to USB

The Icicle is Blue's new stylish USB converter and mic preamp combo that allows you to connect any XLR microphone directly into your computer via USB! The Icicle features a studio quality microphone preamp, 48V phantom power, fully balanced low noise front end, analog gain control, and driverless operation. Setup is a snap!
which seems preeeeeettttyyyy cool. but will it force me to change from my axe-fx interface within the daw? would defeat the purpose. not that jamming simultaneously is practical..

thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom