Block type changes when changing the channel of a wah block and then select a library selection

metalms

I have saved two wah blocks.
I am under the impression library selections are not saved in a preset if I understood past posts that I found. Meaning you have to select them every time you change a preset. Which okay fine.
An enhancement request would be for library selections to save on each channel when a preset is saved.

If I have all channels of the wah block set to cry baby and then try to change a library entry while on channel A, everything is fine.
Channel B and select library entry 1, it will default the type to Clyde and back to Cry Baby if I select block 2.
Channels C and D and select either library entry, it will default to Clyde for both.

This forces me to take a screenshot of my settings on Channel A after loading a library block and then manually enter them in on the desired channel.
The library block parameters seem to not allow saving of its parameters to the channel.
I am unable to load a library block and save the parameters used in the block.

NOTE: I saved the library block entries when the cry baby was active with desired settings. Also the preset has been saved with all wah channels set to Cry Baby.
Furthermore, if I go out of the preset and back. All the channels are back to Cry Baby. Until I select a library selection again when on channels B - D.

Expected Results: Selecting a library block on any channel does not change the wah type. Saving a preset which saves channel information should save whatever parameters are active from the block library at the time of save.

This one is tough to explain because there are many inconsistencies that occur depending on what steps you take. My apologies if this is confusing. Maybe a I could upload a video of axe edit.

Have I missed something in my workflow? Thank you.

If you load an item from the block library, then save your preset, the settings you loaded from the block library are saved in the preset.

Note that items in the block library can either be an entire block (all four channels) or they can be a single channel. Maybe this is the source of your confusion?

If you load an item from the block library, then save your preset, the settings you loaded from the block library are saved in the preset.

Note that items in the block library can either be an entire block (all four channels) or they can be a single channel. Maybe this is the source of your confusion?
Yes. I did not realize that when I saved the library block that the default type on channels B - D were set to Clyde. So makes sense when I changed to those channels and loaded my library block that it went to Clyde. Thank you for pointing that out.

You mentioned that a library block can be a single channel too. What do you have to do differently to do this? Thanks again for the information!

Yes. I did not realize that when I saved the library block that the default type on channels B - D were set to Clyde. So makes sense when I changed to those channels and loaded my library block that it went to Clyde. Thank you for pointing that out.

You mentioned that a library block can be a single channel too. What do you have to do differently to do this? Thanks again for the information!

When you right click on a block and save you should see an option to save the whole block or just the current channel. Pretty sure it defaults to the current channel.

Back
Top Bottom