Best Way to Route Guitar to Two Modelers

Hey all! I have a quaint home studio and was wondering what you thought the best way to route a guitar into two modelers. I have cables galore in this room and it is driving me nuts so, I want to streamline things a bit.

What I am theorizing is: Guitar cable into StroboStomp HD then into my PreSonus 1810c (don't ever buy a PreSonus interface) then I could do two DI outputs, one to the FM9 and the other to the other modeler and then feed those processed signals back into the 1810c. I haven't tried it yet but I am worried about latency and am not sure this is the ideal setup.

The other option that I can think of is: Guitar into StroboStomp to FM9 and then the FM9 feeds a DI signal to the 1810c and then output from the 1810c to the other modeler with both modelers having main outputs coming back into the 1810c.

I can't think of any other ways.

By the way, I am not trying to use both at the same time, I just want to use one cable for the guitar and do the routing to the modeler I want to use inside of the DAW.

Let me know your thoughts!

Guitar -> Strobostomp ->FM9 In
FM9 Out 3 set to Copy In 1 -> Other modeler
FM9 Out 1 L+R -> 1810c
Other Modeler out L+R -> 1810c

If you don't have enough inputs on the 1810c, you can connect the other modeler to In2 on the FM9 and use a special preset containing [IN2] -> [Out1] whenever you want to use it.

Guitar -> Strobostomp ->FM9 In
FM9 Out 3 set to Copy In 1 -> Other modeler
FM9 Out 1 L+R -> 1810c
Other Modeler out L+R -> 1810c

If you don't have enough inputs on the 1810c, you can connect the other modeler to In2 on the FM9 and use a special preset containing [IN2] -> [Out1] whenever you want to use it.
See, I didn't even think of that. Thanks so much, Matt! I think this will work perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom