Best way to rebuild all presets from scratch on FW17?

jsl2h

Inspired
Hey guys, just curious... if I want to start from scratch and rebuild all of my presets to sound awesome with FW17, what's the best way to do that? I tried hitting the "update amps all presets/update amp defaults" in the global menu and still found some presets clipping and sounding not quite right to me as they did on FW16. I could load the factory presets and start from there, but since they were made for FW15 (I think) is that a good idea? What's the best way to update all my presets with minimal tweaking? I'm not too worried about rebuilding from ground zero because I know I'll just end up discovering new favorite amps but I would like to do the least amount of work possible :lol to optimize my presets for the new firmware.

And if anyone knows how to hook up a ditto looper to the fx loop of the axe, that'd be awesome too so I don't have to start a separate thread! I don't think it's the connection process that's throwing me off, just inserting the fx loop block in the chain. I can't figure out where to put it and what settings to use. It would make more sense if I had used fx loops in real life, but I've never needed to until now.

Last edited:
What I do is, select a preset I want to overwrite, exit AxeEdit, power off the AxeFx, hold the front panel Recall button while powering on.

That completely clears the current preset.

From there I launch AxeEdit and create a new preset.

Back
Top Bottom