Best way to connect an FM9 to ProTools?

michaelc

What is the best way to connect the FM9 to ProTools HD in a legit studio. I have plenty of amps and mics and also have a lot of Neural DSP plug ins, but haven't used a modeler that wasn't a plug-in. I know I can come out of the FM9 analog and just go into my Avid HD I/O, but would like to go in digitally and with the least amount of latency. I don't want to use the FM9 as my 'interface' and connect our studio monitors to the FM9. Everything is pretty much hardwired in the studio. I'm using a Mac 'black trashcan' computer.......

Thanks for any help.

Michael

What is the best way to connect the FM9 to ProTools HD in a legit studio. I have plenty of amps and mics and also have a lot of Neural DSP plug ins, but haven't used a modeler that wasn't a plug-in. I know I can come out of the FM9 analog and just go into my Avid HD I/O, but would like to go in digitally and with the least amount of latency. I don't want to use the FM9 as my 'interface' and connect our studio monitors to the FM9. Everything is pretty much hardwired in the studio. I'm using a Mac 'black trashcan' computer.......

Thanks for any help.

Michael

You can use an aggregate or spdif. You'll find instructions here (see configurations #4 and #5):
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-for-the-recording-musician.177592/

Last edited:
In a Pro Tools HD rig? It really depends on the interface. There's absolutely nothing wrong with tried-and-true analog connections, but if you want to stay in the digital realm I'd externally clock it via SPDIF.

Back
Top Bottom