Best IRs available today for a Deluxe Reverb - Cab Pack 10?

imrecs

Inspired
Been using Cab Pack 10 - 1x12 Deluxe Verb (Based on a Fender™ Black Face Deluxe Reverb™) as my main IRs to simulate recording my Vintage Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Wondering if there are any other IRs available now that I should look into to replace those that are superior (new capture methods, etc)

Or are these the best 1x12 Deluxe Reverb impulses avail?

@imrecs what is an example of your holy grail DR tone?

It's such a cool little amp. It can do vintage Clapton, to Mike Campbell to Vince Gill and all parts in between :)

The Ownhammer ones are the best, IMO. I used a Deluxe Reverb for about 10 years as my main amp before switching to the AxeFX, so I'm very picky with getting my DR patches right. The OH ones nail it for me. They're brighter than the Fractal ones, with a bit of an edgier midrange that I'm accustomed to with my amp (but of course, not all amps are identical).

I found a little bit of help from the graphic EQ in the amp block really helped to dial it in for me, too (using the default 8 band). I took out about 1.7-1.8db in the 250 and 500 bands and did a little boost at 2k, roughly 2db.

Also, the new Larry Mitchell preset pack comes with three free IRs, one being a Deluxe Reverb! It's a bit darker than the OH ones, but not as dark as the Fractal cab pack ones. Quite an excellent one, overall, and free!

Back
Top Bottom