Best In Ear Monitors?

Lots of opinions on those, and a lot of variance in price too! I normally use a wedge, as I have to talk with the audience a lot, but use Westone UM3x ear buds when I can. Several members in my band use Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 buds, and love them. They are much cheaper than the Westones. I have also used the Shure SE425 set with good results.

I did try some cheaper buds that came with a Carvin IEM set that I didn't like very much. That's about the total of my experience at this point.

We use a MyMix system that routes 16 channels of audio to each player to mix however they want. The six channels of keys (three keyboards in stereo) are mixed down to one channel and tapped from a single aux so we can squeeze everything into 16. Awesome setup. Similar to Aviom or the P16s, but with an LCD screen and monitor Fx. It's a great setup.

One more opinion: the Shure PM900 is a great wireless if you want one, I hear the Sennheiser EW 300 is also spectacular in that service.

Hope that helps a little!

Not sure what your price point is but I agree you should go with the Westone U3MXs if you can afford them.

1964 Ears makes some great IEMs in the $400 - $650 range. I tried out the triple driver model a few weeks ago and was blown away at the space and clarity.

Start at the basics. The best IEM monitor is the one that seals your ears. Even an $1100 set will sound like a toy (no bottom end) if they don't seal properly.
Next are preferences like price point, number of drivers etc.

Start from SHURE PSM-400 or higher. Alien Ears Triple as starting point too. In the cheaper cases you definitely will be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom