Best headphone amp on a budget?

I have a pair of Hifiman Sundara cans and not getting enough volume. I have no experience with headphone amps and don’t want to spend a lot of money. Will only be using with my Axefx

Thanks

I tried many headphone amps and in this price range nothing beats imo - Ive tried some amps that are more money and sent back - this thing is awesome for under $600

Singxer SA-1 Fully Balanced Class A Headphone Preamp Amplifier

It is it is a fully discrete Class-A amplifier

Not cheap but not expensive - tons of quality for the money

I use the Schiit Audio Magni. That amp has been discontinued and replaced with the model called the Midgard. I like that it accepts XLR inputs and allows for passthrough by XLR as well. It has a very healthy amount of power and will easily drive your 32 Ohm headphones with low distortion and excellent dynamic range.

I tried many headphone amps and in this price range nothing beats imo - Ive tried some amps that are more money and sent back - this thing is awesome for under $600

Singxer SA-1 Fully Balanced Class A Headphone Preamp Amplifier

It is it is a fully discrete Class-A amplifier

Not cheap but not expensive - tons of quality for the money
You actually think that it's running class A makes it better?

My phones are 150 ohms and I can drive them with my FM3 easily. Your output settings need to be checked. Shouldn’t need an amp to drive yours.

Just checked my setup. Output level is set to +4db on output 1 which is phones on my unit.

Last edited:
I use the Schiit Audio Magni. That amp has been discontinued and replaced with the model called the Midgard. I like that it accepts XLR inputs and allows for passthrough by XLR as well. It has a very healthy amount of power and will easily drive your 32 Ohm headphones with low distortion and excellent dynamic range.
I’m also running a Schiit Magni because my IEMs have too low of an impedance for the built in amp. Works great and I like that it uses XLR.

Back
Top Bottom