Best Cover Band in the World?

geriatric

Inspired
As an Aussie I guess I'm a tad biased but a cover band from Adelaide, Australia has that ring to it. They're really a collective of musicians and singers from Adelaide. They go under the name of The Hindley Street Country Club Band. They have a large collection (200+) of covers that they've laid down. The band has a core group and others float in and out depending on what is needed. A Current Affair did a piece on them a couple of months ago which shows a few examples of their stuff. You can see that at . They cover a wide range and are IMO really good. Can't stop playing their cover of Midnight Blue Go their Utube channel and see if you agree with the post's title.

Man, that band sounds so good, I'd say mainly because the vocals are so good. That's not to take away from the rest of the musicians, but vocals as good as that aren't so common (that I've seen).

I have seen some cover bands be absolutely ruined by crappy singers.

I'm not a big fan of most of the tracks they demo'd on the news but you can bet you'd enjoy hearing them be performed so well.

The Martin Miller Band has done tons of great covers with amazing musicianship and stellar guest musicians.

I'd add Leonid and Friends as contenders for "best cover band", although I dislike the concept of any musical entity being called "best". Music is an exhibition, not a competition. Side note: I have a huge crush on Ksenia Buzina.

I'm relatively certain most anyone with working eyes has that reaction. Quite possible even some without them.

Definitely a fan of Leonid & Friends as well.

I'd put Lexington Lab Band in the upper echelon of cover groups too:

Last edited:
I think the coolest cover situation ever is Phish adopting another band as their "musical costume" on many Halloweens! And the material they chose over the years is, for my tastes anyway, superb.

1994 – The White Album by The Beatles
1995 – Quadrophenia by The Who
1996 – Remain In Light by Talking Heads
1998 – Loaded by The Velvet Underground
1998 – Dark Side Of The Moon (2 days after Halloween)
2009 – Exile On Main Street by The Rolling Stones
2010 – Waiting For Columbus by Little Feat
2013 – Wingsuit by Phish (a cover of a future album from their future selves)
2014 – The Chilling, Thrilling Sounds Of The Haunted House by Walt Disney Records
2016 – The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars by David Bowie
2018 – í rokk by Kasvot Växt (a bit of a hoax as they claimed it was a Swedish prog rock band album from the 80's, but it was really their view of any imaginary prog rock band from the 80's)

I got to check them out in Aug '21 and they opened one of the shows with "1999" by Prince which sent me into the stratosphere, and they did an EXCELLENT version of that song ;~))

One of the best I have ever heard. Not sure if they are a band together all the tie though-But they kill this...........
Pretty sure this is Australia also!

I'd put Lexington Lab Band in the upper echelon of cover groups too:

Several years ago, I heard about this cover band. Tight. Like trying to wedge into the middle seat of an aircraft tight with two hip mojammas either side. Seriously. If you've not heard Lexington Lab Band, someone forgot to wake you up. You slept through one of the best band discoveries since the lads from Liverpool came calling...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom