Best configuration for live use

I am trying to figure out how to best configure the FX8 for live situations I am currently involved in.

I use three sounds from my amp - clean, low/mid gain and high gain. At a minimum, I'd like to have a compressor automatically kick on when I switch to the clean channel and off when I switch to the two gain channels. I'd also like to be able to volume boost any of the three channels at will as well as switch different effects on/off while in any of the three amp channels.

It seems if I use stomp box mode, it will necessitate some tap dancing to turn the compressor on/off when switching amp channels using a relay block. Although scenes and presets revert to stomp box mode (provided neither are in sticky mode), it seems I would need to first press the scene button and then the switch to the scene I want or hold the scene button down to access preset mode and select the desired preset.

Is the only way to avoid this tap dancing to make either scenes or presets stickies? If I do, then it seems I lose the stomp box functionality. Am I understanding this correctly or is there a more elegant approach that I'm missing?

Unless you use more than 8 tones per song I think that one preset per song and scenes are the way to go.

But you're understanding is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom