Bassman challenge followup

PS, my purchase was not an amp :0)

It was a guitar with a single coil in the neck position. My clip is still the AxeFXII 5.07 and while it's still not exactly like the youtube example, there are important elements that I could achieve that I didn't think were possible with the II. I learned a lot. I should be able to get even closer with some tweaking on the eq (not necessarily using eq directly), space, and of course, my playing.

I had actually finished typing the question whether your purchase was a bassman and then deleted the question again because it felt like a stupid thing to ask ;)! Which Bassman did you use? Did you boost it at all?

That's a good point. I fiddled with it for a while, and got pretty close, until I realized that my guitar - a graphite-necked Steinberger - wasn't going to go the last mile.

I have single-coil pickups, but 1) EMG S don't sound exactly like real Strat pickups, and 2) the pickup placement on a 24-fret instrument isn't the same. Notwithstanding the differences between mahogany/graphite and ash or alder/maple.

Back
Top Bottom