Basic navigation through keyboard (!)

Hey, so I tried reading the getting started guide (it may be old, I always find it difficult to find, it would be nice to just have a link for a help file in the axe edit toolbar...) aaanyways I have a really simple request since I'm not sure the keyboard shortcuts are working for me. I'd like to double check:

1) How to move "yellow highlighted square" around the grid to pick different blocks' focus (like clicking on it once where you see the parameter pages below)
2) How to "tab" between the grid focus and the parameter page focus
3) How to tab between the pages of parameters
4) How to tab between the individual knobs

All of these things seem like they could be fulfilled with tab, ctrl+/alt+ and arrow keys, but the only thing I'm having luck with is up/down to increment.
a) Is this a feature request I'm making, or is this a painfully dumbass question?
b) Maybe there's a distinction between number keypad and keypad arrows?

Tab key will move between individual parameter knobs (Enter key lets you drop into the parameter's value entry well). Cmd+G on Mac (I assume Ctrl+G on Win) will allow you to specify the "Go To" preset number. Shift+Cmd+G on Mac or Shift+Ctrl+G will allow "Grid Navigation" mode to move between blocks with the arrow keys. Sounds like you already discovered the preset up/down keyboard shortcut? Can't remember if there's a keyboard shortcut to move through pages of parameters or not (if not, post a wish thread here for a specific feature, and maybe the developer can add it).

BTW, saw you mentioned looking through the Quick Start Guide I think that doc is a little out of date for current version, but most of the basic features are all the same, so worth looking at all the same. Might also be worth reading through the latest Axe-Edit release notes:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/axe-edit/Axe-Edit-Release-Notes.pdf

(think they're also available under the help menu in Axe-Edit), as most of the keyboard navigation features have been added over time, so if there's any others I'm forgetting about they should be documented under the various releases where they were implemented.

Back
Top Bottom