Bad Recordings, sorting out

superman

Hello guys.

My recordings are WEAK.
Its probably 99 % my bad skills at mixing and such.

But I also wanted to sort out if I am doing something wrong with my Axe FX.

I think ive done the starting check/setup.
Volume level on my presets are kind of balanced to other audio files, like your usual youtube vids and such.

When I add a compresor It becomes very low.
When I record, the soundwave is very thin. When I put the compressor off the soundwaws are almost clipping, both cases are sound very weak.

Volume level on my presets are kind of balanced to other audio files, like your usual youtube vids and such.

what does this mean? like you play a youtube video on your computer and then you adjust the Volume Knob on the front panel so you sound the same?

When I add a compresor It becomes very low.
When I record, the soundwave is very thin. When I put the compressor off the soundwaws are almost clipping, both cases are sound very weak.

where are you adding a compressor? how is the compressor set? what does "low" mean?

a thin soundwave is not necessarily a problem, but how thin is thin?

when you turn off the compressor, now it's clipping? do you mean when you record without a compressor, it suddenly clips the waveform? or it audibly clips with no visual change to the waveform in your recording program?

can you post some audio examples or screen shots of what you are talking about? i don't really get any info from your first post.

Last edited:
is the compressor in the Axe as a guitar effect, or a compressor in the DAW on the channel strip??

Back
Top Bottom