Bad day.

RG03M3

Hello everyone, I was using my Axe FX Mark II as an audio interface on my Mac, and it completely failed now when I play my guitar into my Axe FX the lights showing my level don’t go past the bottom two lights. I’m getting almost no signal I can barely hear it through the headphones when the headphones are plugged in to the Axe FX. I was wondering what failed and how I go about getting it fixed. Thanks for any help.

Gives us some details of how your monitoring the axeFX, did that change when you used it with your Mac? Etc.
Have you turned up out1 dial, etc

I was tracking a bass last night that uses actives… Wasn’t getting any solid signal/sound, was about to check the battery and then I realized the cable wasn’t fully seated …

bitch slap slapping GIF

Yes active systems, many drain batteries when left plugged in, how many times i leave it plugged in damnit!
Acoustic's especially, and soon my Jazz bass will get one.
My electrics, nope no active

I immediately just assume the absolute worst possible scenerio 🤣
I can relate. I had my wah kicked up to the toe when I turned on my AxeFx III one day. It put me on a 3 hour panic attack, chasing down chords, resetting presets, reloading IRs. You gotta admit the relief you feel once you discover it's something minor is worth any hazing you might catch here on the forum.

I made a habit of changing the battery each Thursday. Because starting Friday I typically have a lot of time to play and tune the presets, so I want the battery to be fresh.

Well, I'm using rechargeable batteries, that's why it works. When I was using normal batteries, no way I'm changing it until you can't get any signal out of it :D

One week cycle is an exactly the mileage I get from these, so the scheduled replacement, no matter if the signal already dies or it seems like the battery is still fine, works perfectly for me.

Back
Top Bottom