Backing Track, Guitar, IEM Setup Question

Hi, guys,

I’m running my backing tracks from my MacBook into the FM9 Turbo via USB. I’m also running the guitar through IN 1/OUT 1. I understand this combines USB input and guitar on Output 1. I can control the mix of the two just fine.

I just play in my Loud Room 99.9% of the time.

But I’m wanting to split off the backing tracks into IEMs so I can hear the beat better. (I’m working on some before/after the beat playing issues.)

How would you do this? After reading the manual and trying to understand it, I overheated. Not untypical. I tried a few things, but couldn’t get it to work the way I wanted it to.

I’m not averse to a setup that has my guitar panned L or R, and the BT panned opposite. I don’t do much of anything in stereo. On the off chance I play with a local band or open mic, I’d like the ability to run a backing track in the same way for a live performance.

Please type like I’m Today Years Old. Your assistance is appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

If you are open to not being in the box, you could get a small mixer say with 4 channels and just mix it that way, have control over level and eq etc.

I hear the guitar just fine over the FRFR, I’m just looking for a skosh more BT closer in the ear. I’m not opposed to panning BT to one ear, and guitar to the other in the IEMs.

Hum.. If your MB has an 1/8th pin audio out you could run that to an IP on the FM then run an OP to your in ear. This would give you the ability to mix your BT in the FM in stereo or mono with or without the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom