Axe FX Ultra and expression pedals...

GearHaven

Which expression pedal do you recommend for the Axe Fx Ultra? I need two of them for controlling volumen (post preamp) and wah. Bear in mind that I won't be connecting the pedals directly to the Axe Fx Ultra but to my Axess Electronics FX1. Thanks for your replies and merry christmas to you all!!!

I have 4 Mission Engineering EP-1R pedals. You need the R version for the FX-1. One of the 4 is spring loaded and I use that for wah in concert with the autoengage function.

I have had to recalibrate the pedals to get a better sweep and I am still not getting a full 0 to 127 but pretty darn close. And in all fairness I haven't been able to spend that much time on it lately with the holidays. The kids are off school and between shuttling to/from playdates and playing match games and go fish I haven't had a chance to work things out.

Prior to the Mission Engineering Pedals I used a Square One expression pedal. Similar to the Mission Engineer where you have an expression pedal in a wah pedal shell. That pedal was also solid and I was able to get the full 0 - 127 sweep.

In addition to the two built-in expression pedals in my ART X-15 floor controller (which work wonderfully), I also use a Roland EV5 plugged into the rear of the Axe-FX, in Pedal 1. It also works flawlessly. All of these are cheap, and effective. You don't *have* to buy "boutique" controllers and pedals for the Axe-FX.

GearHaven said:
Which expression pedal do you recommend for the Axe Fx Ultra? I need two of them for controlling volumen (post preamp) and wah. Bear in mind that I won't be connecting the pedals directly to the Axe Fx Ultra but to my Axess Electronics FX1. Thanks for your replies and merry christmas to you all!!!

Pedals and switchers are so "personal" a choice but...

I've got the SKB Stage five box to hold everything and I use a simple MidiBuddy to change patches only. Just above that I'm using a Roland FC300 set to CC1 so it's just a controller (it acts like stomp boxes) with two pedals on it (one of these days I'm gonna have to take a picture of this setup)

The pedals are smooth, and track accurately.
I've seen a lot of talk on here about the liquid pedals but again..it's a personal choice on what you're most comfortable using and what performs the functions in a manner you like best.

With my Liquid foot I used M-Audio and Boss expression pedals, Boss FV500 and now the Moog MP-201.

The FV pedal feel and weight was my favorite, but the functionality of the MP is far superior to me.

Robert

If you don't have something to switch presets yet, then I'd just get a Behringer FCB 1010.

I have it and it's all you need. Don't let the brand name fool you, it's very well designed. The expression pedals are optical, by the way. It's IMO the only product of it's kind with a reasonable price.

But if you already have a patch switcher thing, then I'd get one the already mentioned pedals.

Finally took a picture of the pedalboard I'm using and how it's arranged.

AxePedal.jpg

Back
Top Bottom