Axe FX through Bose LI Portable Line Array?

Dave Hoskins

Inspired
Hi All,

Anyone running a Standard or Ultra through the Bose system? I love my L1 Model I and I'll probably upgrade to a L1 Model II with double bass this year. I always mic an amp and run that with vocal, iPod, etc. to a mixer, then to the Bose. It would be sweet to loose the amp if tone wouldn't suffer. Just wondering if anyone here is already doing this and has feedback to share?

Hey Dave

I'm using the Bose L1 Classic (original) had them about 2 years (180 gigs) love them. We have 4 Bass bins, we mix N match depending on venue. but we always have 2 per L1, on small gigs when we only have one L1 we generally use 4 Bass bins (occasionally 2) and the paclite amp Only had the Axe Ultra about 3 weeks. Done 4 gigs with it. Love it.

Been through loads of rigs in last few year. In order -
Pod XT Live.

A Peadalboard full of Damage Control Valve Pedals,

Cornford Carrera (5W )Mic'd into L1.

Cornford MK50 Mark 2, heat into a Palmer Speaker Sim/Load direct into Bose, with a TC Electronic G-Force in loop and a few pedals up front bur rack mounted and switched with Voodoo Lab GCX and GCP.

Each time tone and flexibility improved. Now I made another leap forward in tone, flexibility and it's all a lot lighter.

Good Luck

I have run my Axe through a Bose L1. It sounded ok, it wasn't mine and I didn't have a whole lot of time to tune the Axe for that system so it sounded like it had a lot of mids. I jumped on the Global EQ and did the best I could with the time I had. I'm sure with more time I could have goten a lot closer.

Back
Top Bottom