Axe Fx Pop/Rap Song

cody.warner

I don't see too many songs pop up done with the axe fx in this genre. and well it really shines doing everything so i decided to post what im doing with it.
I bought the axe fx for recording the band I am in, which is what I mainly use it for, but I also do a lot of engineering, mixing, and producing for rap/pop and hip hop cats that go to my school (full sail) for extra cash. This particular artist is one I produce for for free, we are good friends and make amazing music together and the other night while working on this song he said he wanted some "rock guitar" as he called it in the chorus. So I turned the ol axe fx and flipped through some of my pre sets till i found one we could settle on.
This is not mixed at all, we just tracked it two nights ago, and the vocals are just scratch vocals he could take home to write the final lyrics to, im posting this to really show the diversity of this unit : ) hope you enjoy

ps. this song is called "Oct 3rd" and will be Aaron Semper's mixtape "Doobie Houser...The Rise of the Bootlegger" coming out for free download before the end of they year just in case you like the way it sounds.

http://soundcloud.com/cody-warner/axe-fx-in-rap-pop-track

Back
Top Bottom