Axe-FX live with Fender Blues DeVille

jeremy.c.

I have recently acquired an Axe-FX Standard and I am integrating it into my live performance, but so far the results have not been satisfying to me.
I'm exploring some options for amp/cab situations, but as of right now my best option is my Fender Blues DeVille 4x10. I am plugging the Axe-FX into the power amp section of the DeVille and I found that leaving the power amp set to "On" on the Axe-FX seems to sound better all around, it mainly seemed to affect volume. My issue though is that the tone isn't all that big or round. On one setup I'm using the Citrus TV50 and while the drive seems to be spot on the tone seems a little thinned out. On another patch I'm using some drive pedals like stompboxs (FCB1010 with uNo FTW!!!) through a '59 Bassguy and it sounds a bit shrill. And the boutique "Matchless" I set up, forget about it! Tear your ears off city!!!

I added a GEQ to the end of the fx chain and rolled out a bunch of high end which seems to help a bit, but I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing or another trick I should try. I have already learned a ton of new tricks and settings from this board, the Keeley mod OD Boost (proco rat with filter) is killer!

Also if anyone has a trick for a simple gain boost idea, that would be welcome too (more a mid push for solos than an overdrive push like the Keeley thing I mentioned above).

Thanks!

(I did try to answer this the best I could with searching other posts before posting here, sorry if this is super redundant)

well I'm happy to report that I used it for my first live gig tonight and it didn't suck...
so add that to the knowledge base I guess. ;)

Back
Top Bottom