Axe FX III w/ Expression Pedal to control Amplitube 5 Wah/Pitch/Etc

Tomer

Hey all! Was curious if anyone here has tried to use their Axe FX III Expression Pedals to control Amplitube 5 wah/pitch/volume by using the Axe as the audio interface for the plugins/amp-sims. Thanks in advance for any guidance/assistance!

Not possible unfortunately. The Axe III and the FC units don't generate MIDI data from expression pedal inputs. You'd need a third party MIDI interface to translate the expression pedal movements into MIDI CC's.

The Axe II and MFC-101 could do this as the MFC-101 was a standalone MIDI controller.

@mr_fender Noted and thank you!

So here's my dilemma/situation on my future state setup... the plan is to get Adam Audio A7v's for my office for jamming/recording with my macOS plugins/amp-sims (amplitube5/tonex/ML/biasFX2/etc) WITH expression pedal support which an interface such as the IK Axe I/O Solo provides ... but I'd ALSO like to have an AXE FX connect to those same monitor speakers with support for expression efx via pedal from the Axe. Is there a way to do this? Appreciate the help!

If you're using a separate audio interface with the plugins, you can use a monitor switcher like the Mackie Big Knob or even a small mixer.

Right now I use a Scarlett Solo Gen3 for jamming/recording with my plugins, but my hope was that I could just use the Axe for all use cases. Am i wrong in that line of thinking? Starting to sound like I need the Axe AND still need another audio interface with expression pedal ports (like the IK Multimedia Axe I/O interfaces)

You can use the Axe III as your audio interface for the plugins as well, but you'll need a different solution for the expression pedals. The Axe III can't pass MIDI input to the computer for use in a DAW and plugins. You'd need a separate MIDI interface for that.

You could use something like this to convert your expression pedals to MIDI input and send that into the Axe III's MIDI In port.
Amazon product ASIN B0BZ87CVJ7

Very nice! Didnt know you could do that with the MIDI converter. So I would go from expression pedal => converter => MIDI IN on Axe Fx.
Then I would have the ability to control expression pedal efx via Axe audio interface and not need a secondary audio interface. Am i understanding correctly? (attached picture of the MIDI in to make sure this is the port that would allow me to use the expression pedals in my DAW/plugins/etc.

(Note: So I would have my Axe FX specific expression pedals going into the exp inputs for when i want to solely use my fractal... and then have my separate expression plugged into the MIDI in via converter for plugin/DAW expression usage. Right?)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 6.47.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 6.47.32 PM.png
    203 KB · Views: 0
Expression pedal use through the adapter would use USB from the adapter to connect to your computer and DAW/plugins. The MIDI In would be to use the same expression pedals in the Axe III via MIDI. You could use the same expression pedals for both that way.

Back
Top Bottom