Axe FX III users - anyone create a How Soon is Now preset?

mngolf

Inspired
I am trying to get as close to Johnny Marr's original sound. Curious if anyone has done this already.

I've been looking for that same sound as well. I know it's the product of a fair amount of studio shenanigans. I've attached my rather mediocre attempt at it. Bear in mind I'm not a professional and I'm still learning my way around the many possibilities available in the FM3. Criticism is welcome.

The main rhythm part sounds best when playing steadily using the neck pickup. If you're wondering the rate of one tremolo is one third of the other and it's based on a tempo of what I guessed to be about 112 BPM.

Attachments

• How Soon Is Now.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 27
I am trying to get as close to Johnny Marr's original sound. Curious if anyone has done this already.
We play that song. I have an AX8. I don't have the sound perfected though. I think the AX8 only has one choice for the tremolo block. I tried putting the tremolo before the amp, and I switched to after the amp. It sounds muddy either way. I may try one of the Fender amps that has tremolo built in, and see if that sounds better. If anyone comes up with one that sounds good, let us know. If I get mine sounding good, I'll share my settings.

Back
Top Bottom