Axe-FX III preset change issues with RM Mastermind GT22

dbarrow

I am having an issue with my RJM Mastermind GT22 and rogram changes on my Axe-FX III. When I switch to programs above 0-127 on the GT22 they are "translated/converted" down to presets in the 0-127 range. The offset is always a multiple of 128. I think I have een through all the settings on both the GT22 and the Axe-FX and I can't seem to solve this. Selecting presets on the Axe-FX or from Axe-Edit works correctly. Any ideas? What would cause this behavior and how can I correct it?

Post your GT configuration file.

P.S. PC Mapping isn't enabled in Setup : MIDI/Remote?

Global settings seem okay.

But you have some buttons (like 2112 and Burgs) assigned to a specific button (IA/System/Preset), and have the button programmed to always send the command on preset change. This may confuse the unit and mess up the banks. I'd clear those buttons and see if the issue persists.

Global settings seem okay.

But you have some buttons (like 2112 and Burgs) assigned to a specific button (IA/System/Preset), and have the button programmed to always send the command on preset change. This may confuse the unit and mess up the banks. I'd clear those buttons and see if the issue persists.
Thanks. Where do I go to do that? I am using IAreSee's layout and it all seemed to work before. I'm not sure what changed. When I get bback home later, I will load the default layout and see if it has this same behaviour.

iaresee said:

" No. I'm actually experiencing this issue here with the latest firmware but haven't had time to troubleshoot it.
You can try re-reading all the presets from your AFIII into your RJM. That kind of made things better for me."

Is this a bug or "feature" of the new firmware?

Last edited:
Thanks. Where do I go to do that? I am using IAreSee's layout and it all seemed to work before. I'm not sure what changed. When I get bback home later, I will load the default layout and see if it has this same behaviour.

Didi it for you. Attached.
I tested it and it works okay here.

Attachments

• new.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
See post 4. Went into button settings and unchecked Send on Preset Change for some buttons.
But until you've loaded and tested it, we don't know if this is the solution.
Might be something else.

How did you determine (or find) which buttons needed to have that unchecked? I am looking at my previous file and I haven't found any that were checked yet.

And there were a couple more buttons with incorrect settings.

And there were a couple more buttons with incorrect settings.
Yek, you solved it! All preset changes now work correctly from the GT22Using IAreSee's layout (that you corrected). I guess IAreSee had some extraneous buttons, with incorrect or conflicting commands on other pages. How were you abe to find those issues so quickly? I would sure like to understand that, so I can find similar problems in the future or help someone else solve theirs. I would at least like to be able to point IAreSee to the specific changes you made, since he said he was experiencing similar issues.

Yek, you solved it! All preset changes now work correctly from the GT22Using IAreSee's layout (that you corrected). I guess IAreSee had some extraneous buttons, with incorrect or conflicting commands on other pages. How were you abe to find those issues so quickly? I would sure like to understand that, so I can find similar problems in the future or help someone else solve theirs. I would at least like to be able to point IAreSee to the specific changes you made, since he said he was experiencing similar issues.

Well, I have a lot of experience with the GT, so I know where to look.

I've dotted down some of my findings here:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=RJM_Mastermind_MIDI_foot_controller

Please also report back to the RJM forum.

Well, I have a lot of experience with the GT, so I know where to look.

I've dotted down some of my findings here:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=RJM_Mastermind_MIDI_foot_controller

Please also report back to the RJM forum.
Thanks again. I would still like to know how those incorrect button settings were causing all the other higher presets to shift down to 0-127 even though I wasn't accessing those buttons and how you were able to find those problems so quickly. That information might be helpful to others in the future.

i dont know if this is what you are looking for but for PC higher than 128 you need to send the bank number as well via midi through the CC0 command together with the PC. for example to access preset number 352 which is 3rd bank 96th preset you send PC 96 and CC0 with a value of 3 (or 2 - i'm not sure whether it starts counting on 0 or 1). i had this problem with the fcb1010 and couldnt access higher presets and thats how i solved it at least

i dont know if this is what you are looking for but for PC higher than 128 you need to send the bank number as well via midi through the CC0 command together with the PC. for example to access preset number 352 which is 3rd bank 96th preset you send PC 96 and CC0 with a value of 3 (or 2 - i'm not sure whether it starts counting on 0 or 1). i had this problem with the fcb1010 and couldnt access higher presets and thats how i solved it at least

That all makes sense. I was trying to find out exactly how and what was being sent from the Mastermind GT22 to the Axe-FX III to cause the presets to revert or shift down to the 0-127 range. Yek fixed this for me, but I am not sure what he did, what specific bbutton commands he changed etc. I am happy that it all works now, but I am not the one who fixed it. I am trying to learn how it works from the standpoint of what in IAreSee's layout caused the issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom