Axe-Fx III Manual for FW 19.x

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
The Axe-Fx III manual has been updated for firmware 19.x

The cover should show "Current as of Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.x - February 2022". If not, please reload the file or clear your cache and try again.

Among other changes, the USB I/O diagram has been updated to match the newer appearance developed for the FM9. That's page 20, which I like to print out and keep by my desk.

There's also a new diagram for dual-source modifiers on page 62.

As usual, I prefer any proofing errors or mistakes be reported via private message to me.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

The updated Blocks Guide and Footswitch Functions guide are almost ready, and will be done for the release of 19.02.

I've got to say, the Fractal manuals are some of the best I've ever used. It goes beyond great information - the manual just LOOKS sharp!

"Read The Fine Manual", indeed, as @Admin M@ says :)

It's been ages since I've relied on a printed manual, so little things like colors really stick out in a good way when I view them electronically. It's a nice little touch that really adds polish to an already great manual.

One possible suggestion for future iterations:
I love the "extra" information in the manual - like the FAQ callouts, quick tips, etc. It would be nice if there was an appendix with hyperlinks to each of those callouts. Maybe there's not enough of them to justify it at the moment, but it's such good info that it would be nice to elevate their visibility a bit.

One possible suggestion for future iterations:
I love the "extra" information in the manual - like the FAQ callouts, quick tips, etc. It would be nice if there was an appendix with hyperlinks to each of those callouts. Maybe there's not enough of them to justify it at the moment, but it's such good info that it would be nice to elevate their visibility a bit.

Yes. I would also love to include an index. I have more to learn about InDesign first.

The Axe-Fx III manual has been updated for firmware 19.x

The cover should show "Current as of Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.x - February 2022". If not, please reload the file or clear your cache and try again.

Among other changes, the USB I/O diagram has been updated to match the newer appearance developed for the FM9. That's page 20, which I like to print out and keep by my desk.

There's also a new diagram for dual-source modifiers on page 62.

As usual, I prefer any proofing errors or mistakes be reported via private message to me.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

The updated Blocks Guide and Footswitch Functions guide are almost ready, and will be done for the release of 19.02.
Thanks for this update.

One thing that I don't see, and don't recall seeing in previous versions of the manual, is any mention of a separate USB firmware that may need to be updated. It appears these updates are not seen as optional by Fractal, but are recommended for all users https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-usb-firmware-version-1-08.149689/post-1776689.

Seems like something that should be included in the manual at a minimum. Perhaps even as a sticky up at the top with regular firmware stuff if having the most up to date USB firmware is as important as it seems to be?

It looks really good.

I still wish there was a 'cheat sheet' basically summarizing in a compact fashion that when building a preset from the front panel, this are button pushes you need to know - mostly concerning how to populate the grid when starting from blank.

Exactly, ideally I want one piece of paper, I can have next to me while I build presets. Searching through the manual is still faster than finding what you need on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom