Axe Fx II XL fan replacement

jeken33

Hey everyone! I find that the fan on my Axe Fx 2 XL is very loud, and I've been looking to upgrade to a newer and more quiet fan. I've been mailing Ole at support and he said it is important that the new fan does not have an airflow of less than 26.3cfm or the DSPs will be destroyed.

I've looked at a fan from Noctua, the NF-R8 Redux 1800rpm fan. It has an airflow of about 53.3 cubic meters, three pin connection and 17.7dB. I've also seen another Noctua, the NF-A8 FLX which seems to be a bit quieter, more rpm but lower airflow.

Can you guys recommend any of these two?

Hey everyone! I find that the fan on my Axe Fx 2 XL is very loud, and I've been looking to upgrade to a newer and more quiet fan. I've been mailing Ole at support and he said it is important that the new fan does not have an airflow of less than 26.3cfm or the DSPs will be destroyed.

I've looked at a fan from Noctua, the NF-R8 Redux 1800rpm fan. It has an airflow of about 53.3 cubic meters, three pin connection and 17.7dB. I've also seen another Noctua, the NF-A8 FLX which seems to be a bit quieter, more rpm but lower airflow.

Can you guys recommend any of these two?

I have the Axe-Fx II. Checkout this thread of my fan replacement project. Can't even tell it's on now.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-ii-mk-i-fan-size.139670/#post-1656148

Back
Top Bottom