Bug? Axe-Fx II changing presets on its own at startup. Quantum 10.01

jamjestrysiek

Hi.
Recently when I am powering on my Axe FX II, it changes preset on its own.
No matter which preset I was when I have switched it off, after powering on it moves to the preset 010.
So far I have tried to see different scenarios so I have disconnected MFC controller. This seems to help as when I am powering on Axe FX on its own, it stays at the preset which was on when I have switched it off.
Any ideas what could cause it?
I didn't change anything recently, no updates to either MFC or Afe FX. Yesterday it was OK and today for some reason it went crazy.

I had a problem awhile ago with my II where during a gig it switched presets on me and ended up on an "empty" preset. I checked all my cables but never thought of looking at the Axe itself. I contacted support and they suggested that I open up the box and use some "contact cleaner" on the rotary value knob as well as removing and replacing some connectotrs. That cleared up the problem and it has never happened since.

I would suggest contacting support to get their definitive directions on exactly what knobs and contacts should be cleaned up because my memory of the details is hazy and I'd hate to see you touch something that shouldn't be touched. Of course, you problem might be something else but this is a possibility to consider.

Hi Quark
Thank you for your response.
I just literally have tried something different.
Some time ago I have switched from using a CAT connection to Faslink. To do that, I had to use this small Fractal's converter from CAT to XLR. It worked fine so far, but because of the issues with presets, I decided to try CAT...and it seems to be OK. I am not sure if it is the Faslink socked in MFC, or the converter itself what's causing the problems. I don't have another converter and I am not going to buy a new one, as it is 50ish pounds.
I will keep it inside my rig only as an emergency if the CAT cable got damaged, but for now, I will just stick to CAT connection.
Thank you for help anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom