Axe FX II and studio monitors - Mackie CR5-X?

advideo

Hi all!

I have an Axe FX II for about 1 year and I love it to death :)

Since I bought it, I’ve been playing with it at home with headphones, but I’m starting to miss playing without the limitations of wearing headphones, for a more “live” sound in your room.

So I want to buy a pair of powered speakers/studio monitors…

I’ve read that the Yamaha HS-7’s are a good choice to go with the Axe Fx and many swear by them, but they are out of my budget, which is about 200€ the pair.

I’ve discovered the Mackie CR5-X’s (about 180€ here in Europe) but I don’t see much talk about them and the Axe Fx.

So I’m asking for advice, if someone owns or had experience with them:
  • are the Mackie CR5-X a good choice, a quality and great sounding product and good match for my Axe FX II?
  • or they are “meh” and I should consider other brand/model (again, my budget is about 200€ the pair)?
(I’ll also use them to connect to small digital mixer I have, where I connect my synths)

Any opinions welcomed!

Thanks!

I would suggest the Behringer B2030A's, they're just a bit more but punch way above their class. They replaced some Event TR8's that blew up back in the day. Bought them as a cheap option just to get by, kept them for 10+ years before spoiling myself with some Focals. Great sounding monitors regardless of price.

I would suggest the Behringer B2030A's, they're just a bit more but punch way above their class. They replaced some Event TR8's that blew up back in the day. Bought them as a cheap option just to get by, kept them for 10+ years before spoiling myself with some Focals. Great sounding monitors regardless of price.
Thanks for the suggestion!

But the pair is out of my budget, unfortunately… :(

Back
Top Bottom