AXE FX - Garageband

AlixCOBHC

Hi all,

Complete noob here to all things Axe FX/FX processing etc etc.

Basically I'm trading one of my amps for an AXE FX Standard as I was intrigued to give one of these things a go and see what all the fuss is about. My question is basically how can I connect to my MacBook and record into Garage band with the least issues. At the current moment I'm recording demo's using a line 6 studio X directly into the MacBook.

Can I plug in directly via USB and record straight into Garageband?

If not is it possible to go through the LINE 6 Studio to record etc.?

Thanks all,

Alix

Maybe someone can help here?

I've picked up the AXE FX Standard but having trouble getting any sound through Garageband

Currently I have

Guitar going directly into AXE FX
XLR Cable from AXE FX (Balanced Left) into Line 6 UX1
UX1 connected to Macbook via USB
Headphones into UX1

The axe is picking up my guitar signal and I have selected the input/output in garageband as UX1. I'm just not entirely sure if there are futher configurations I need to make on the axe fx etc.

Thanks

Can you hear the Axe-Fx in your headphones when they're plugged into the UX1? If no, have you adjusted the UX1's input settings for the XLR inputs you have the Axe-Fx plugged into on it?

Can you hear the Axe-Fx in your headphones when they're plugged into the UX1? If no, have you adjusted the UX1's input settings for the XLR inputs you have the Axe-Fx plugged into on it?
So after messing around for a while I managed to hear the AXE when I went into POD FARM and changed the input to MIC/Dry input etc. and removed all amps/fx from POD Farm.

However it's still not giving me a great sound - Getting a crazy amount of fizz no matter what tutorials I follow etc.

Is there a way to bypass pod farm as I think it's messing with the tone etc.

Thanks for the response

Back
Top Bottom