Axe FX as sound card for Mac not working anymore ?!

pdelanghe

Hi
I'm usually using the AXE as the sound card (in/out) with my mac (OSX 10.10.2) to record on logic or just play back music. I had noticed that when the patch is heavy on CPU the sound gets digitally distorded. I can understand that as it's an extra load on the AXE. So now I'm doing this with less "intense" patches. But since 3 days, it just does not work at all. I have a digital noise (like a horrible hiss) and that's it, even with an empty patch. When I was trying to record with Logic I got a weird message about incompatibiliy of sampling frequencies : " Erreur de tentative de synchronisation audio et MIDI. Fréquence d’échantillonnage de 27143 reconnue.
Vérifiez les conflits entre Logic Pro X et les périphériques externes." this has never happened and I did not change anything to my setup. I just reinstalled the audio driver but it's the same. Anyone experiencing the same thing and/or having a solution?
Thanks
Philippe

Well I didnt get any answers so I ended it up figuring it out myself, I'm going to post the solution here in case it happens to someone else. Well, it's strikingly stupid. I had plugged the USB in a 4-port USB extension plugged in my display ... and I guess is the extension port that fucks everything up. I replugged directly in the mac, and it works perfectly again. I also noticed that there is a USB return level in the I/O menu set by default at -60 dB, which is not much. Set it up to 0 dB and it's much louder for the playback.
Hope it help other dummies like me. Bottom line is, always check the most obvious things first. Like "is my computer on ?" :)

also read the firmware release notes before downloading new firm ware! these things are explaind but a lot of users have trouble with it.

Back
Top Bottom