Axe Fx 3 Mk2 turbo Cab block issue

eljodon

Experienced
Hi, I've been having an issue with my cab block were only 1 and 3 slots are working but 3 and 4 completely stopped working. Also I use the #4 in/out block for 2 analog parametric Eq's in which the right side is used for eq# 1 and the left side for another eq# 2 so I can switch between them. It was working perfectly and I was able to change between both eq seamlessly. Now for some weird reason the R side(eq 2) only works only when the Drive Block 1 is on(weird). The eq's are the first effect in line in front of the amp then the drive block. I attached how I run my system. One in/out block #3 is used for my amp head which I use with a reactive load while using IR's as cabinets. I've been running my system like this for years and it worked perfectly. I hope this makes sense. Thanks

Attachments

• Axe Fx .png
    Axe Fx .png
    2.9 MB · Views: 23
Post the preset.

only 1 and 3 slots are working but 3 and 4 completely stopped working

Is that supposed to say 2 not 3?

When the Cab block is set for Stereo for input mode, 1&3 are used for left and 2-&4 are for right.

Check Bypass Mode on your Drive block - it's probably set to Mute not Thru.

Edit:

Also, Cliff's rule #1: check the cables. It almost sounds like one of your EQs is not passing signal properly.

Thanks for your response. Yes I meant 2 and 3. I usually don't pan the cabinets, but I'll check it out. I never mute anything on the Cab block except individual cab slots so I don't use the mute/thru selection.With the presets that I make I never pan the cabs, it just turned on my rig and it started to happen. All my Cab block presets that I made are all in mono. I've been using Fractal stuff since the Axe Fx Ultra and owned each model up to the current one I'm very familiar with almost every aspect of my Axe Fx 3 mk 2 turbo, but this is the 1st time I had something like this happen. Every single Axe Fx I've owned was the most reliable piece of gear in my studio. perhaps I should do a reset.

Back
Top Bottom