Axe Fx 2 sending MIDI commands with scenes?

espeche83

Hi. I have a Marshall JMP-1 running in my Axe Fx 2’s loop. I’m using the Axe mainly for FX with scenes. I was wondering if there there was a way to program the Axe to change MIDI presets on the JMP-1 when switching scenes so I can be going from clean to rhythm to lead presets on the JMP-1 depending on what scene I select.

Thanks for the help

Not internally. Normally, with the Axe-Fx II, a MIDI controller such as the MFC-101 would add this capability.

Mabee you can help me... I am trying to send midi CCs from my FC6 expression pedal to my guitar synth. in scene 1 have it send CC7 and in scene 2 CC11 and so on. I have a Roland GI 20 with a Roland XV 2020 a great sound and The Axe FX sends PC changes great, but I would like to get some pedal control over the synth as well.

Not internally. Normally, with the Axe-Fx II, a MIDI controller such as the MFC-101 would add this capability.
Hello. Can you please provide details on how to do this? I have been trying to accomplish this with my Triaxis. I have an MFC-101 too. Thank you. :)

I was able to get it to work with my DMC Ground Control MIDI controller. The Ground Control can switch scenes using the VCA controller settings on it. There’s another post on this forum on how to do it.

VCA 00 = Scene 1
VCA 07 = Scene 2
VCA 14 = Scene 3
VCA 21 = Scene 4
VCA 28 = Scene 5
VCA 35 = Scene 6
VCA 42 = Scene 7
VCA 49 = Scene 8

MIDI channel on the Fractal has to be set to Omni and the scene CC set to #7. I also had to set the Fractal to ‘Ignore PC’ so it ignores the PC message being sent to my Marshall JMP-1 and stays on the same Fractal preset. To get to another preset on the Fractal I have to either manually turn the knob or I can hook up a pedal to the one of the back control jacks and assign it.

So with this setup I can switch all the Axe scenes as well as my JMP-1 presets at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom