Axe FX 2 into Logic 8 via usb

JAZI

I have been trying to get My Axe Fx 2 to "talk" to Logic 8 via usb, but it can't see Axe FX 2 as audio input only as audio output. I know it has been covered before, but none of the suggestions in the other posts seems to work.

Furthermore I have no problem in either Garageband, Ableton Suite or Reaper, so it must be Logic related. Is it because it is Logic 8?! should I upgrade to Logic 9, would it work?!

Is it Logic having problem with the fact that I will use Axe FX as in, but TC Konnekt as out?!

Hope somebody can help me because it is driving me crazy:eek:)

This is how i do it with Logic Pro 9.

Make sure you have installed the AxeFx2 Audio driver from the Fractal support website.

Open Logic. Go to Preferences-Audio-make sure Input is AxeFx 2 Audio, if you using the AxeFx for monitoring and for computer sounds choose Axe2 audio for your Output device other wise choose Built In Audio.

Go to Settings-Audio-choose 48K. The AxeFx is 48Khz no choice. If you are listening through your built in Audio from the Mac you must also go to your Mac's Utility-Audio/Midi Settings and change your built in Audio to 48K.

Add a track and enable the recording, on the track choose Input 1/2 you should now hear the AxeFx. Input ch 3/4 on the AxeFx is the dry input for re-amping, choose these on other tracks if you wish to go back to re-amp later.

If you still do not hear anything check the AxeFx 2 wiki and make sure all the settings are correct for the USB portion of the unit.

USB communication and audio - Axe-Fx II Wiki

This is how i do it with Logic Pro 9.

Make sure you have installed the AxeFx2 Audio driver from the Fractal support website.

Open Logic. Go to Preferences-Audio-make sure Input is AxeFx 2 Audio, if you using the AxeFx for monitoring and for computer sounds choose Axe2 audio for your Output device other wise choose Built In Audio.

Go to Settings-Audio-choose 48K. The AxeFx is 48Khz no choice. If you are listening through your built in Audio from the Mac you must also go to your Mac's Utility-Audio/Midi Settings and change your built in Audio to 48K.

Add a track and enable the recording, on the track choose Input 1/2 you should now hear the AxeFx. Input ch 3/4 on the AxeFx is the dry input for re-amping, choose these on other tracks if you wish to go back to re-amp later.

If you still do not hear anything check the AxeFx 2 wiki and make sure all the settings are correct for the USB portion of the unit.

USB communication and audio - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Hi...Thanks for your answer... The problem is that I can't choose Axe FX as input in Logic ( I have installed The driver, and Axe edit works fine, as well as Reaper and Ableton Suite).... Could it be tat I should make an aggregate device of Axe Fx and Konnekt 8(which I use as output)?!

Finally I got it to work. I made an aggregate device in Audio/MIDI, of my TC Konnekt and the AXE, and it seems to work:eek:)

As I wrote some weeks ago, I got it to work, but after I disconnected the AXE and the KONNEKT 8, and reconnect them I can't get it to work again and Im getting crazy. When I try to make an aggregate device of the AXE and the KONNEKT 8, it will not accept the KONNEKT as out... Anybody having a shot on what the problem could be?!

I had loads of trouble getting the axe-ii to talk to logic 8.

The end solution was to upgrade to logic 9. :-(

There are actually more than a few new features in v9 that made it kind of a worthwhile upgrade anyway - flex time editing, comping tracks is better than in v8. And the axe-ii plays with it :)

I had loads of trouble getting the axe-ii to talk to logic 8.

The end solution was to upgrade to logic 9. :-(

There are actually more than a few new features in v9 that made it kind of a worthwhile upgrade anyway - flex time editing, comping tracks is better than in v8. And the axe-ii plays with it :)

Did it work without any problems when you upgrade your Logic to vers. 9?! I have actually thought about upgradíng, but it would suck bigtime, if it didn't work either8)

Yes, but I upgraded both my Logic and OSX (from 10.5 to 10.7) at the same time, so I can't say with 100% certainty which one it was. That being said, I'm pretty sure it was the logic upgrade that made the difference. I did do a trial on reaper and it seemed to record fine with osx 10.5.

Yes, but I upgraded both my Logic and OSX (from 10.5 to 10.7) at the same time, so I can't say with 100% certainty which one it was. That being said, I'm pretty sure it was the logic upgrade that made the difference. I did do a trial on reaper and it seemed to record fine with osx 10.5.

Thanks for your reply....I'll try to upgrade OSX, and if it doesn't work I must upgrade Logic as well.

Back
Top Bottom