Axe Fest Convention in NH?

Manny Fufish

Power User
I brought this up when responding to Smilefan's latest v5 patches but it's probably worth a thread to 'test for echo' and get people's response to the idea.

Apologies if this has been discussed in the past, but I haven't seen it.

Manny said:
Maybe we should have an 'Axe Fest' (or some name for an Axe FX convention) at some point in NH where some of the contributors can do clinics? This would really be useful for everyone, and a small admission could even cover the cost of renting a nice location. Having it close to Fractal headquarters would increase the possibility of the participation of that team...

Ideally this would be run by Fractal to better engage vendor support.

I would also LOVE to hear the entire RCF line side by side, Atomics new offering, Jet City's new offerings, Matix, etc... I'm sure multiple vendors would be happy to have the chance to put their products in front of our community. Premier Guitar might show up and we could record the shoot out. I'm getting happy just thinking about it! :)

Last edited:
I would travel from anywhere just for the ability to have a side by side comparison of all of the FRFR solutions on the market currently and soon to come out! Plus Matrix, Mission, stomp tags, clinics, just picture it! :)

I would travel from anywhere just for the ability to have a side by side comparison of all of the FRFR solutions on the market currently and soon to come out! Plus Matrix, Mission, stomp tags, clinics, just picture it! :)
Yeah same reason here, since running FRFR is fairly new (in the timeline of the electric guitar) everything has been pretty much word of mouth and buy and try. Its not like you can even get a vibe on something by listening to who ever's album, not that you would find a FRFR cab on a album but you know what I mean.

Even if there were no vendors there, I would bring up my gear and that would be a a couple of Atomic cabs and a Matrix GT800 in the mix, if a few more people did the same thing (with their amp/cab solution) that can turn out to be a nice mix of amps and cabs to play with and just do some mixing and matching.

John

Back
Top Bottom