Bug? Axe-Edit replaces all my amps with 59 Bassguy, why?

I do not have global amps going, I prefer to load amps in from various template presets that I have stored. All of a sudden after doing some work in Axe-Edit 1.0.307, all of my Amp 1 Y presets have been changed to '59 Bassguy' (yes, all of them).

I have previous backups which have my old amps on them, so i'm not completely screwed, and I can go in a load the previous amps one by one, but that is a time drag. I program Fractals for a big professional touring band and cannot rely on a software that is constantly placing 59 BassGuy into all of my presets.

Does anyone have any ideas? Similar stories?

I do not have global amps going, I prefer to load amps in from various template presets that I have stored. All of a sudden after doing some work in Axe-Edit 1.0.307, all of my Amp 1 Y presets have been changed to '59 Bassguy' (yes, all of them).

I have previous backups which have my old amps on them, so i'm not completely screwed, and I can go in a load the previous amps one by one, but that is a time drag. I program Fractals for a big professional touring band and cannot rely on a software that is constantly placing 59 BassGuy into all of my presets.

AxeEdit did that to mine, too. Posted in another thread. It seems to be an AxeEdit bug, not me in the hardware unit. New AE version out soon, many of us hope.

AxeEdit did that to mine, too. Posted in another thread. It seems to be an AxeEdit bug, not me in the hardware unit. New AE version out soon, many of us hope.

It looks like it's just replacing them in the AxeEdit Bank file and in the visible controls in the software, but not actually on the unit itself, thank god, yet this is still extremely fucking annoying as I am doing most of my preset editing in AxeEdit, I am now afraid to save presets as I am worried that the 59 Bassguy or 65 Bassguy will be written over the amp that I originally intended.

Fractal Audio Systems!! Throw me a bone here!!

On mine, it replaced the hardware Y blocks, too. So be careful. FAS is working on a new Editor design from the ground up, or so we are told. It's a pain, but be a little patient with them and hopefully we will have a good solution soon.

What, you don't like the 59 Bassman?

Back
Top Bottom