Wish Axe-Edit III Sorting Capabilities

api4u

Experienced
A couple of AE-III Sorting WISHES:

1. Ability to sort presets by the AMP that is in the preset. (This concept could also be extended to the other blocks, such as Cab, Drive, etc.)

2. Ability to sort presets alphabetically in AE-III.
I know this can be done with file lists, that are on your computer, but I don't think it can be done with the presets.
It would also be useful to be able to sort them by date added.

This would be an editor request.

"Show presets using Amp ______[v]"

Results show the preset name and channel that contains the model.

000: 59 Bassguy: Amp 1: A, B, C, D
012: Dynamic Duo: Amp 1: C; Amp 2: A, B, C
Yeah, search makes more sense as Dave said... Not sort :)

Maybe...

But if I search by 59 Bassguy many, many presets will show up because (I think) it's the default amp model on "unused" channels.
Blue skying here...

It'd have to be smart enough to look at the scenes, see which channels they actually used.

But i can't see how it'd know which scenes you actually use. I almost always have all 8 set up, but sometimes some of them are remnants of the preset this one is a copy of, nothing to do with current reality.

Blue skying here...

It'd have to be smart enough to look at the scenes, see which channels they actually used.

But i can't see how it'd know which scenes you actually use. I almost always have all 8 set up, but sometimes some of them are remnants of the preset this one is a copy of, nothing to do with current reality.
Yep, see Matt's post...

Although that doesn't cover the scenes.

Agree on all the great points made here, as far as the potential different amps in Scenes - good call.

Perhaps a way to accomplish it would be to show a "list" of presets with the amps. This may list some presets duplicate times, if they have more than one amp.

For instance, sometimes I want to find all my presets with a given amp, to compare. I typically group my presets more or less by amp types. Fenders are together, and then sorted by Vibroverb, Twin, Super, Deluxe, etc....

A search mechanism would also be great, and maybe that's the preferred way to go. I would still like to be able to have a hard list though, of amp models in presets, so I can better sort them.

OCD, I know... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom